- APPLY NOW
- CONTACT US
Do you ever wonder if your purpose in life involves reaching people for Jesus?
If so, well then I have an answer to that question for ya….Yes! It does!
Of course you might still be asking yourself that age-old question, “how exactly do I go about doing that?”
Even after two years at VBI I like to ask myself that question! It helps me think back to how Jesus did it.
Maybe it seems a bit overwhelming to you when you think about all the hurting people in the world. How can we reach all those people with the Gospel? How can we make a significant, long-lasting impact in their life?
The first question is only limited to your imagination and what God will lead you to do! What are you good at? What are your Spiritual gifts? You’ll get to use them to declare the nature and name of Jesus Christ! If you don’t know them yet, I’d suggest going to a bible school that can help you get that figured out!
The answer to the second question is more in depth. Fortunately our discipleship classes here at VBI have rewrote a lot of our ideology on what a Jesus-kind-of-ministry is all about. Let’s look a bit at how He did His reaching out:
Jesus’ whole ministry was about loving and growing the few to reach out to the many. He was a quality minister who at times because of the testimonies about Him drew thousands out from their homes. Jesus never sought those crowds but He did minister to them when they came. Even in that, however, He spent the majority of His time with the people who left it all to follow His example. He was a quality focused, selfless, love-connection type of minister. While He lived on the earth, He poured the best of what He had into a smaller gathering of people who wanted to follow His example. That motley faith crew revolutionized the entire world by following His example!
Jesus made quality disciples. In the process of making disciples He made a difference by loving on the people around Him, especially the poor and outcast. He thrived in going after people that were swept under the rug by their society or culture.
How can we change the world we’re living in right now? The same way: Loving people like Jesus did and quality discipleship that goes on to disciple other people!
A few more ideas on impacting your world:
1. Go to VBI! Learn about God and your life’s calling! (Definitely go to 2nd year’s I.M.P.A.C.T. and Discipleship Strategies class!)
2. Volunteer at Mobile Kidz Club in Tulsa! (take a truck full of food and Jesus’ love to families in low-income neighborhoods!)
3. Listen to the Holy Spirit. (Give God’s love to a depressed person by giving them a Spirit-led word of encouragement!)
4. Do selfless things to share Christ with strangers. (Buy somebody you don’t know groceries!)
5. Disciple others (Give from your life and what you’ve learn about living for Christ on a daily basis)
6. Read the Bible (Find out how God and Jesus do things!)