Lifestyle of the VBI Student
Commitment to the Student Honor Code
Honor is a concept that is one of the cornerstones of the Christian faith. The term honor means integrity, upright, respect or having a good name. By signing the Code of Honor, you are committing to living a lifestyle of the highest level.
In this act of commitment, you are recognizing that Victory Bible Institute is committed to helping you live a life of the highest caliber with regard to reputation, respect, honesty and moral integrity. This Honor Code will be in effect 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, on and off campus, while you are enrolled as a student at VBI.
My signing today is my acknowledgement to honor the Lord Jesus Christ, Victory Bible Institute, and to adhere to the following:
- I commit to apply myself wholeheartedly to my academic studies and intellectual pursuits for the glory of God.
- I commit to grow in my spiritual pursuits by developing a personal relationship to the Lord Jesus Christ through Bible study, prayer and worship.
- I commit to developing the whole person in body, mind and spirit.
- I commit to cultivating good relationships by a lifestyle of integrity and honesty. In so doing, I will not lie, cheat, steal or gossip.
- I will promote a lifestyle that will influence all other students positively.
- I commit to take care of my financial obligations, including Victory Bible Institute, VBI housing and other personal obligations in a responsible and timely manner.
- I commit to live a life of purity and integrity. To this end, I will keep from any illegal or unethical acts on or off the VBI campus. This would include but not be limited to sexual immorality, sexual misconduct, homosexual behavior, use of tobacco in any form, the taking of illegal drugs, and the drinking of alcoholic beverages or the viewing of pornographic materials including the Internet on or off the VBI campus. I will not physically or verbally abuse any person or thing.
- I commit to pursue God’s will for my life and to live a life of service while attending VBI.
- I commit to be punctual and to attend all required classes, services and activities held by Victory Bible Institute and my local church.
- I commit to demonstrate integrity in all of my personal and academic pursuits. I will not lie, cheat or participate in any academic dishonesty including plagiarism or cheating.
- I commit to abide by the rules and regulations of VBI that may from time to time be altered or changed by the institution. I understand that in order to maintain the highest levels of training and to safeguard its ideals of spiritual and moral values, VBI reserves the right to require the withdrawal of any student, if in the judgment of the Director of Victory Bible Institute or the administrative team of Victory Christian Center, the conduct of the student is deemed to violate VBI’s ideals of scholarship or its spiritual or moral atmosphere as a Christian institution.